Advent Week 4: Light All Candles Except the Christmas Candle (White)
These Jesse Tree Ornaments finish up the last week of Advent. It’s very short and sweet this year. As I am posting this, it’s not Advent yet and tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am hoping that posting these resources early will give you time to plan and prepare your Advent with peace, free from unwanted stress and anxiety. These post are not to overwhelm you , or make you feel burden by the devotion. Choose what you want to do, do what you can and just be present to those you love. Keep it simple. Enjoy your homeschool days with your child/children as you prepare for Christmas this year.
You can find the entire series for these Jesse Tree ornaments, readings and reflections as follow:
*Disclaimer: Parents please note that not all the resources listed are Catholic sources and therefore may have varied doctrinal interpretations and need adaptation. My intent is to make this a resource for all Christians which they can then use and modify according to their tradition.*
Jesse Tree Ornaments: Advent Week 4
- Light all four candles if you have an Advent wreath for week 4 and pray: “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.”
- Read Matthew 1: 18-25
- Honor St. Joseph today by hosting a St. Joseph’s Tea and play date. I love this idea as it is not another lapbook or printable ( not that those are bad) but a way to gather together, honor St. Joseph and spend time with friends! Keep this simple and stress free. Let your children and your friends help you with putting it together.
- Or do a simple St. Joseph Study
- Read this Christmas Story Poem from Adventures in Mommydom and make a Christmas bracelet or necklace to go with it!
- Light all four candles if you have an Advent wreath for week 4 and pray: “O Jesus, you are with us always and we praise you.”
- Read Luke 2: 1-5.
- The Birds of Bethlehem by Tomie de Paola. And here is an idea…A Birds of Bethlehem felt Board Story.
- Research a bit about Bethlehem and find it on a map. What is the climate like there? How many people live there today? What types of industry and economy is there? What is it’s history?
- Make a Star of Bethlehem with this free, simple and easy Pastel Tutorial from Hodgepodge! Find even more Christmas Pastel lessons in:
Day 24: Mary and Child
- Light all four candles if you have an Advent wreath for week 4 and pray: “Lord Jesus, we welcome you into our hearts as Mary welcomed you into her arms. Be with us always.”
- Read Luke 2: 6-21 and Have a Merry Christmas! Light the Christmas candle after 4 p.m.
- You may like this subscriber download from Raising Arrows to use with your family, parish, or children’s ministry: Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
Moms need prayer time and nourishment for our souls too! Here is an Advent Resources just for your prayer life:
This is an online community that is designed for busy moms to be able to do book studies with other Christian women. The next one starts Nov. 30th and runs till Dec. 25th. It’s using an Advent/Christmas book: The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas. So if you are looking for a good study for you this sounds like a wonderful opportunity to me!