Whatever state your are in, I hope that you can use these Free State Notebook Pages in your homeschool. We’ll be using them all year as we study each state since one of our goals this coming year is to learn all the states and capitals and a little something about each state.
This is how we will be using these pages:
- Each week my child will pick a state, or we will pick a state that is significant at the time for our studies, and research the info needed to fill in the sheets.
- He’ll work on a page a day.
However, you can use these pages any way you like because they are pretty general so they can be applied however you wish.
As a fifth grader, I want my child to be prepared to start writing mini reports as soon as possible. I feel that notebooking is a great way to get the writing going without things being tedious and overwhelming. These will also help develop the research skills need for filling them out. In addition, he’ll be learning about geography, commerce, government and more.
4 Notebooking Pages for learning about a state.
The 4 page PDF Covers:
- State Stats and basic info: Motto, Bird, Tree, Map, Nickname, Population, etc.
- Geography: Rivers, Lakes, Mountains, Location in U.S., etc.
- Historical Facts: Flag, Admission to the Union, Famous People, Events, etc.
- Writing Page: This page highlights the state seal and offers a space for your child to write about what was learned.
Here’s the perfect resource for using these pages and getting quick info on each state all in one place! Check out this very cool Interactive United States Map!
Linked @ Giveaway Day- Hip Homeschool Moms