This month the food featured will be mint. I guess it is actually an herb so maybe I can’t call it a food, but we still eat it so I think it qualifies. I love mint. Especially peppermint. I like it so much that as a child my grandfather affectionately named me Peppermint Patty. You see, he used to always have peppermints in his pocket. And I knew it. Whenever Grandpa was there I came running to get my peppermint.
This inspired a shake that with St. Patrick’s Day coming up I decided to make:
A Peppermint Shake Recipe
Here is the recipe:
1 c. All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
1/2 c. Organicl Shredded Coconut
1/4 c. Almond or Coconut Milk
1/4 tsp. Pure Peppermint Extract
3-4 Drops Green Food Color- Natural if available or just omit if desired.
Blend all ingredients together in a blender for a yummy and refreshing St. Patrick’s Day Treat!
- ½ c. Organicl Shredded Coconut
- 1 Banana
- ¼ c. Almond or Coconut Milk
- ¼ tsp. Pure Peppermint Extract
- 3-4 Drops Green Food Color- Natural if available or just omit if desired.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender for a yummy and refreshing St. Patrick's Day Treat!
Since it is Thursday I also want to add my Thankful Thursday List:
- My hubby’s return from deployment. Very, very thankful for that. It’s so challenging to Homeschool on Your Own.
- For an art class I began teaching for our art co-op. I forgot how much I enjoy teaching art. For the first lesson we did a van Gogh Project. And tomorrow we will be learning about Seurat.
- Good friends helping me while my hubby was gone. We have a wonderful circle of military spouses here that I know I could ask help from when needed. I am so thankful for that!
- The beautiful birds in my yard. Just a simple joy; I like to watch them.
- Learning to pace myself and not let things demanding of me overwhelm me. Learning to let some things go. There just isn’t time to do it all and I am OK with that as long as I am doing what is most important. Priorities.
Any recipes for St. Patty’s Day? I’d love to take a look at them and add them to my St. Patrick’s Day Pinterest Board. Follow me here:
And what are you thankful for today?