So often in matters of love we tend to think by our feelings of romance or of good feelings. But love requires us to have faith in matters of both our relationship to God and our spouse. There are and will be times in both our marriage and faith that we will have to exercise our belief. When in times of challenge, the realization of things hoped for will get us through. And the evidence of things unseen, that which God has revealed to us in our hearts, will sustain us during our distress.
I’ve been researching the lives of many faith filled POW’s and it was their faith that sustained them. Not because they were special, but because they had an extreme circumstance under which to apply faith. Saints also were those kind of persons. I pray I am never put to that kind of test. But if I ever am, I’m thankful that faith is part of the equation.
Totally thankful this Valentine’s Day for:
- My sweetheart of 21 years who has shared so much with me.
- My mother being able to visit soon.
- Garden planning with 3 other families.
- Our little dog, Taco- now 14 y/o.
- The Lenten Season– for it’s reminding call back to Christ.
- My Granny who turns 93 this Sunday.
- Books that make me laugh out loud.
- A road trip with my friend this weekend.
- Military Chaplains. Please share this series if you like:
First off please take a listen to our song: Two Kinds of Love
I also want to share this amazing devotion from Excellent and Praiseworthy: 40 Days of the Deployment Dare (The Love Dare for Military Families)
*Please note that if you pin one the images below you’ll pin the original post that goes with them and not this post. To pin this post see header image.
- Valentines Day Parties- Guess # of candies in jar for a door prize
- Table Centerpieces
- Valentine’s Day Gift
- Gift to the grandparents- If they don’t live near the child.
- Makes a great “Hundreds Jar”: Teach your child the meaning of 100.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Strawberries! Wow these were totally easy and a huge hit. The perfect gift, or just a special treat for your family or sweet heart. This post shows you how to make them.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day During Deployment
And don’t forget to follow my Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board!Ton’s of ideas and free resources that I have pinned. Happy Valentines Day!
Linked up for: Thankful Thursday