Today is our first day back to school after a long break for the holidays (and a PCS). It can really be difficult to get back into the swing of things. I find routine to really aid me in a successful school day, read what I wrote about 5 Daily Disciplines @ Hip Homeschool Moms today.
Some of the things that really keep my household and homeschool together are:
- My Planner (that’s mine, not the curriculum bought one)
- My Meal Plan
- Morning Checklist- Chore Chart for my son
- My Blog Planner from Mama Jenn
- My Take Care of Me Planner
- The Incentive Chart which is also our homeschool Block Schedule
- Family Calendar
Over the years I’ve learned that these are the things that really give our homeschool the structure that enables the learning to take place. Minimizing distractions, blogging at night or very early morning, and keeping Fridays school free to run errands and go to appointments also really make the difference!