Apples! Apples! They are truly a perfect food. What better recipes than Fall Recipes for Apples? Below you’ll find 3 great ways to use apples this fall:
Apple Almond Muffins~
Apple Muffins are really easy. They aren’t very popular-sure don’t know why- but they really do make wonderful muffins. You can chop the apples finely if you prefer or you can leave them chunky-it’s all about preference.
Prep:Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease muffin pan or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- 1 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- ¾ c. whole wheat flour
- ⅓ c. organic or raw sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice mix (see recipe card below)
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 3-5 chopped apples-makes 1½ -2 c.
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease muffin pan or spray with non stick cooking spray.Place all dry ingredients in bowl and mix.
- Combine wet ingredients in a second bowl and mix wet /dry together. Batter will be somewhat stiff, that's OK, Apples will moisten.
- Add 1 ½ -2 c. chopped apples as desired
- Add ¼ c. sliced almonds and reserve some for sprinkling on top.
- Fold in apples & sliced almonds. Spoon batter into muffin pan and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 18 min. for regular size muffins (makes 12) or 25 min. for extra large muffins (makes 6). Times may vary.
Apple Pie with a Twist~
Just use your favorite recipe for apple pie and make these easy modifications:
1. Use 1-2 tsp. of my Dried Fruit Spice in place of cinnamon:
This makes a typical shaker full:
2tsp. Chopped Dried Cranberries, Blueberries, or Raisins
2tbsp. Organic Sugar
*Uses: Muffins, Granola, as Cinnamon Sugar, Dessert topping, Vanilla Ice Cream , Breads, Pies
2. After combining all ingredients and before adding to your crust add one of the following fresh, frozen, or dried (all work well):
- Blueberries (that’s what I did- see photo above.)
- Raspberries, Blackberries, or Currents
Apple Cranberry Coconut Granola~
This is a loose Granola, which I like because it’s low sugar (but still sweet due to the coconut) and more like cereal to me. It’s my favorite with Almond Milk but is also fabulous with just regular milk, or if you drink soy milk I am sure that would also be delicious.
This makes enough for a large family. If it’s too much you can half the recipe. But around here it goes quick.
4-5 tbsp. canola oil
Combine all together in a bowl and toss with canola oil til just moist. Place in a roaster or cake pan and toast on 375 degrees F. for 10-15 min. You need to stir granola at least twice (about every 5 min.) so it doesn’t burn and can get toasted all over. The oats should be slightly golden brown but fruit should not blacken. Let cool and store in airtight container till use. Serve with milk.
I hope you enjoy these apple recipes. Through out the month of September you will be able to read more on uses for apples! To see all of my recipes available on PDF recipe cards just click the icon below:
If you like my recipes, don’t miss another!
Just subscribe by entering your email in the green box below. Just don’t forget to confirm!