This is a family tradition to have on Halloween night. We enjoy this Chili recipe for the crockpot throughout the year, but somehow it’s perfect in the fall.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can begin it in the morning and then leave unit ready to eat. If you want to speed things up you can brown the hamburger, onions, garlic, and peppers in a skillet on the stove and then add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
Chili Recipe for the Crockpot
- 1 lb. 93% or better ground beef
- 1 medium onion ( I use yellow)
- 1-2 green pepper depending on the size
- 2 med or 1 very large clove of garlic
- 1 can 29-32 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 can stewed or diced tomatoes (both work)
- 1 can kidney beans-drain and wash
- 1 can pinto beans-drain and wash
- 1 1/2 -2 tbsp. chili powder
- jalapeno ~optional if you want it spicy
- Chop veggies and begin beef, garlic, onion and peppers on high in your crock pot.
- Stir occasionally till cooked.
- Drain and wash canned beans. Then add all other ingredients.
- Chop finely the jalapeno pepper and add for a more spicy chili.
- Leave on HIGH til hot then set crock pot to low.
- Once hot the chili is ready but you can keep warm on lowest setting all day and eat when desired.
- Serve with a little shredded cheese.
This is also good on hot dogs or baked potatoes as a left over. In addition, you can make it on the stove top.