You can make this green bean cabbage salad recipe, it is easy and great for the 4th of July and other “too hot to cook” days.
What is Kohlrabi?
It’s part of the cabbage family and has a similar flavor but is slightly different. Everyone loved it and we hadn’t ever had it before. It adds very good flavor and texture (that of like a radish) to the salad. I used the bulb part in this recipe and cubed it. It is the square pieces that look white in the photo above.
All you need to do is chop, combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
Super Easy Green Bean Cabbage Salad
- Fresh Green Beans (do not use canned)- Steam, Boil, or Microwave till tender but still crisp (do NOT overcook!)
- 1 Can Chick Peas
- 1 Onion (any kind)
- ¼ of a Large or ½ a small Head of Cabbage- Shredded (Red is more colorful but any can be used)
- 1 Cucumber
- Once chopped, combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Toss with the following Dressing Recipe:
- ½c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- tbsp. Natural Raw Sugar
- ¼ c. Grapeseed Oil
- tsp. Dry mustard
- Cloves of Fresh Garlic- minced
- 1 tsp. Thyme (fresh or dry)